There is no doubt that we are currently living in the age of social media. Social media has become so important that it is now a part of daily life. Honestly, we cannot go a day without it. Companies are also jumping on the bandwagon, with many using social media as an effective marketing tool.
Including social media icons in your email signature is a great way to ensure your contacts are aware of your presence on various platforms. This also allows them to seamlessly access your profile directly from the email you sent them.
So how do you add social media icons to your email signature? Let’s take a look.
Adding Social Media Icons to Email Signature on Gmail
Gmail is undoubtedly the most popular email service provider today. So, let’s start with adding social media icons to your Gmail email signature.
- Download social media icons on your device for Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and any other social media platform that you want to add to your email signature on your computer.
- Go to Gmail and open your email signature settings by clicking on the Settings option (gear icon) on the top right corner. Settings → See All Settings → General → Signature
- Next, click on the ‘Image’ icon seen in the editor toolbar. Click on the ‘Upload’ tab and then select any of the social media icons you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Now, select the image and click on the ‘Link’ option. Enter the URL of the social media profile where you want the icon to link and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 depending upon the number and type of social media icons you want to add to your email signature.
- When done, click on ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the page and you’re all set with an awesome email signature!
Adding Social Media Icons to Email Signature on Outlook
The process of copying the social media icons from Google Docs is the same in this method too (Steps 1- 6). Once you have added the icons in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner (gear icon) and search for ‘Signature.’ Click on ‘Email Signature’ in the search results.
- Paste the social media icons in the box.
- Save the settings to have your social media icons in your signature. You also need to add other details, like your name, contact info, and others, if you haven’t done already.
Adding Social Media Icons to Email Signature on iPhone
Again, for iPhone, steps 1-6 remain the same. Unfortunately, iOS doesn’t allow you to paste any copied content containing images in an email signature. However, there’s a workaround for the same:
- Compose a new message. Enter all the details, such as the recipients, subject, and the email body.
- At the end of the email (preferably after the thank you note) paste the icons copied. This won’t technically be an email signature but will do the needful.
- Send the email to the recipients. The workaround email signature along with the social media icons will also be sent.
Note: Make sure to delete any pre-existing Signatures, such as ‘Sent from my iPhone’ beforehand. This can be done by going to your phone Settings → Mail → Signature.
Using SignatureGenerator to Add Social Media Icons to Email Signature
The process of adding social media icons to email signatures has never been easier. Use SignatureGenerator to add social media icons along with the links to your accounts with just a few clicks.
Simply head to signaturegenerator.how, click on ‘Email signature’, and under the details tab, add the information for the relevant social media accounts. Once the information has been added, click on the three ellipses on the top-right of a signature design of your choice to copy the signature. Lastly, paste the signature in your email client.
Adding social media icons to email signatures can help make your emails more professional and highly personalized. It also gives the receiver a chance to connect with you on different platforms. This helps in promoting your online presence. So go ahead and use this simple guide to elevate your email signature game — whether you use Gmail, Outlook, or an iPhone for email purposes! Lastly, remember to always update your social media links in the icons as needed.
Get started with adding social media icons to email signatures with SignatureGenerator. It is fast, simple, and free to use! With it, you can easily create the perfect signature for your business and personal emails in minutes with Email signature templates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I put social media icons in my email signature?
Yes, definitely, you should put social media icons in your emails. They can help in promoting your brand, increasing your online presence, and making it easier for people to connect with you on different platforms.
- What size should my social media icons be?
When it comes to email signatures, social media icons should be small and subtle. Using icons of 80 px by 80 px (but not bigger than this) is recommended. This ensures that the icons aren’t taking up too much space.
- Which social media platforms should I include in my email signature?
The social media platforms to include in your email signature will depend on your business or personal brand. Some common social media platforms to include in email signatures are LinkedIn, Twitter (X), Facebook, and Instagram.
- Where do I find my social media link?
Social media links can be easily found by visiting your social media account profile pages and copying the page’s URL from the address bar in the browser.